Do you celebrate your dog’s birthdays? If you don’t. this recipe may give you a reason to start!
This recipe is simple, yet your dogs will L O V E it!
Not into making it a cake? You could easily use the same recipe but shape into dog treats!
Here’s what you need:
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/8 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup peanut butter (half for cake, half for icing)
- 1/2 cup White House Foods® Applesauce (we used chunky but you could also use Original)
- 1/2 cup canned pumpkin puree
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt (be sure this is plain)
- dog treats for decoration (optional)
Here’s how you do it:
For the cake- Preheat your oven to 350 degree F. Prepare an 8 inch round pan with by greasing with oil. In a bowl, mix flour and baking soda then set aside. In another bowl, mix vegetable oil, 1/2 cup of the peanut butter, White House Foods® Applesauce, and the canned pumpkin puree. Mix the wet ingredients then add egg and stir. Once all the wet ingredients are combined, slowly add in the dry ingredients. Stir until mixture is evenly distributed. Bake for 25 minutes or until golden brown. Test the center with a toothpick or knife. Let the cake cool before removing from the pan. While the cake is cooling, mix together the other half (1/4 cup) of peanut butter and plain Greek yogurt. Once the cake is cool, top the cake with icing and dog treats. Serve to happy dogs!
How fun are these Thankful Turkey Pouch Printables? Just print, cut, and tape around your kiddos’ favorite pouches! I use White House Foods Natural Applesauce Pouches. I love that they are transparent, so you know exactly what your kids are getting!
Whether you want a fun treat on your Thanksgiving table or your kid’s need a healthy snack for a school party, these printables make for a festive treat! On the back, you could write names or have your kid’s fill in something they are thankful for on the line!
Get the printable by clicking here: Thankful Turkey Pouch Printables
As always, thanks for checking out my printables!
I hope you have an amazing Thanksgiving with friends and family!
Wishing you SO much love & happiness…
Easy Recipes: Chocolate Applesauce Cake
I am the QUEEN of Easy Recipes, and this one is 100% one of my favorites!
You may be thinking, Chocolate, applesauce, and cake is a questionable trio….. BUT trust me the trio was meant to be!
I was skeptical but after tasting, this is going
to be my holiday dessert go-to. First of all, it was super simple. You do not need to be a fancy baker to pull this off. Second, I typically have all of the ingredients in my pantry… perfect for those last minute holiday parties or guests.
I took this cake into the office break-room and it was gone within minutes. IT’s a must try…and then try again!
What you’ll need:
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons cocoa
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine (melted)
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups White House Foods® Original Applesauce
- 2/3 cup chocolate chips
- powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a 9×13 pan.
- Combine all the listed ingredients EXCEPT– 2 tablespoons of sugar and the chocolate chips—in a large mixing bowl. Stir until everything is evenly combined.
- Pour the batter into greased pan.
- Sprinkle the 2 tablespoons of sugar over top of batter in pan. Then sprinkle the chocolate chips on top of batter and sugar.
- Bake in preheated oven for 40-45 minutes.
- Let cool of 10 minutes then sprinkle powdered sugar over top of cake.
- Serve warm & enjoy!
Try it for your next Sunday dessert or upcoming holiday festivities and let me know what you thought! Comment below or tag me on social @coldcoffeegrind
For other easy, recipes, click here!
As always, thanks for reading and happy baking!
Is there anything better than coming home on a chilly day and cuddling up with a family movie night with some warm soup?
I love trying out new soups. To be honest, I usually go for a chicken noodle or gnocchi soup with a creamy base, BUT this Apple Cider Beef Stew is a NEW favorite for sure!
This soup is the perfect mix of hearty and sweet with a little tang. It’s a MUST try!
Check out the recipe below. To customize the recipe to your flavor preference, add more White House Foods Apple Cider for sweetness, Beef broth for heartiness, or White House Foods Apple Cider Vinegar for more of a tangy taste!
Homemade Beef Stew with White House Foods Apple Cider
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: about 2 hours
What you’ll need:
- 5 pounds beef stew meat cut into cubes
- 2 tablespoons of canola oil (or oil of choice)
- 4 cups of White House Foods Apple Cider (or juice)
- 2 cans reduced-sodium beef broth (14.5 oz)
- 2 tablespoons of White House Foods Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1-2 tablespoons of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon of pepper
- 3 medium potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 4 medium carrots sliced
- 3 celery stalks sliced
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 1/4 cup of flour
- 1/4 cup water
- Brown beef on all sides in the oil over medium-high heat. Once meat is browned, drain.
- Add beef to the White House FoodsÂ Apple Cider, broth, White House Foods Apple Cider Vinegar, salt, thyme, and pepper. Bring to a boil. Once boiling, reduce heat and let simmer for 1 hour.
- Add the potatoes, carrots, celery, and onions. Bring soup to a boil. Once boiling, reduce heat and let simmer for 45 minutes (or until beef and vegetables are tender.
- If you would like a soup with more broth, add additional White House Foods Apple Cider and beef broth in proportions to your taste. Extra White House Foods Apple Cider Vinegar may also be added.
- Once the broth consistency is to your liking, combine flour and water in a mixing bowl. Stir to a smooth consistency. Slowly stir the flour mixture into the soup. Bring soup to a boil. Stir soup for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Serve & enjoy!
As always, thanks for reading. I hope you and your family LOVE this stew. Please tag me if you try and let me know what you thought!
Halloween is right around the corner! The Pumpkin Pouch Printable (from last year) was so popular that I decided to do another Halloween printable this year.
(All printables are linked at the bottom and can be downloaded for free!)
These pouches make a great allergy-friendly option to hand out to your trick-or-treat’ers or to take to school parties! With all of the dietary restrictions, these make a great “treat” while staying away from many of the popular allergies.
For those of you who stick to the applesauce cups, I also did a cup printable!
Pouch Printable:CLICK HERE!
Cup Printable: CLICK HERE!
2018 Halloween Printable: Click Here!
As always, thanks for reading! If you use the printables, snap a picture and tag me on Insta or Facebook using @coldcoffeegrind !
Have a HAPPY & safe Halloween!
It’s that time of year! After school activities are up and running, which means WHO is on the calendar for snack tonight?!
There are so many things you have to think about when it comes to serving food to a large number of kids. Finding a snack that is healthy, gluten-free, NON-GMO, dairy-free, egg-free, etc, etc. is NOT the easiest task. Well, I think I have found the answer to our prayers…. insert, White House Foods clear applesauce pouches! From the packaging to the ingredient list, this label is transparent.
I made up these cute printables to make the snack a little festive and fun for game day! Just print, cut, and tape. Super simple.
Get the FREE printable here: Game Day Pouch Printable
Here is my favorite cooler bag: Click here.
Comment below if you use the printable for your snack night! For updates, more printables, etc., be sure to follow me @coldcoffeegrind on all forms of social!
p.s. If you missed my lunchbox pouch printable, click here!
All other printables are posted here!
Well, it happened….we blinked, and Summer has come and gone. As much as I love Summer, there’s always something sweet about the start of Fall. School supplies, a new schedule, and cooler days are ahead of us and who can be sad about that?!
I don’t know about you, but I am excited to get back to packing lunches. For some reason, Summer is the season of 1,000 snacks. As soon as school is back in session (preschool in my case) we get back on a normal-ish meal schedule.
This year, I thought it would be fun to create little notes to add into Benjamin’s lunches. Notes of encouragement, sweet reminders, and kid friendly affirmations. While I love being crafty, I’m not a successful #pinterestmom. Therefore, I created these fun printables to add to his favorite White House FoodsÂ® Applesauce cups and CLEAR pouches! Super simple, yet make his lunch special.
Feel free to download, print, tape! There are blank ones too to personalize your note.
A little effort goes a long way with kids, and what better way to remind them how special they are and how much they are loved!
Download for FREE below.
Apple Sauce Cups Printable: HERE!
Apple Sauce Pouch Printable:Â HERE!
I am sharing some of my must-have items to pack on a beach tripâ¦.especially with toddlers.
From healthy snacks, to the most comfortable life jacket for kids, to a foldable pool, and some mom friendly fashionâ¦I amÂ sharingÂ it all.
For the full list, clickÂ HERE!
Comment below with you must have items for vacation!
Thanks for reading and Happy Summer!