Although my son seems to have ZERO cares about the COLD, it totally effects his body. From runny noses to dry skin to layers upon layers of clothes, this Winter weather is not going to slow him down. So, I have had to find ways to keep up (LOL) and also keep him warm…even though he doesn’t seem to notice the fact it’s even slightly chilly. Seriously, how do they do it? AND at what age to we realize, IT’S COLD?!
Today I am sharing a few items that have helped us stay warm, healthy, and happy during this crazy, cold season. Click the underlined words for a direct shopping link!
- Wink® Immune & Chest Rub: Last Winter, it seemed like Benjamin had a season-long cold. We have been trying to prevent that this year by using Wink’s Immune, which is their proprietary elderberry syrup. It’s a must have for maintaining a healthy immune system during the Winter months! The Chest Rub has become part of our nightly routine. It’s a natural formula that contains safe amounts of eucalyptus oil to open airways and lavender to calm and sooth. If you are not familiar with this company, I highly recommend giving their website a look! If you are looking for safe, drug-free products for your littles, they had quality-trust products from bath bubbles to cough syrup! For 15% OFF your order, use the code JessicaS15 at checkout.
- Cute Hats: I am obsessed with finding cute, Winter hats for Benjamin. Luckily, he loves wearing them, so he has quite the collection. From Amazon to Etsy, I have found WARM, hats to keep ears covered and wind out! This is one of my favorite Etsy shops, click here. Amazon also has a great-Prime selection, click here.
- High Socks: You know when you pick your child up or lift them into the car and their pants rise exposing their ankles? THAT makes me cringe. Again, this sounds dramatic and most of our children have little cares about the cold weather. I’m pretty sure my son would run outside pant-less and be in his glory… meanwhile, I am dying on the inside when I see the slightest sliver of skin peaking out. So basically, for my peace of mind only, in the Winter we wear high socks. No one likes cold ankles, or at least this mom is not a fan.
- Water Bottle: I think the moment you give birth, you turn into the hydration police. Like have you ever met a mom who doesn’t ask if you’re drinking enough water? My mom still questions me on my water intake. But I can’t even be mad, because now I’m on water patrol. Seriously though, water is so easy to forget when it’s cold out. We take a water bottle with us everywhere, so I love these spill-proof bottles!
- Car Seat Safe Jacket: Is anything more frustrating than trying to find that balance between a jacket that is warm enough and a jacket that is safe in the car seat? If we are going to play outside in the snow, then Benjamin is looking for Michelin Man. Riding in the car is a whole different story. For in and out of the car, we use this Columbia brand jacket. It thin enough to be car seat safe, yet warm enough to keep the mom guilt away.
- On-The-Go Kleenex: I seriously considered getting a patent on a tool belt for tissues. I am not being dramatic on this one. My son needs a tissue every two seconds. I have staggered tissue boxes all around the house so there is always one nearby. These on-the-go Kleenex pouches are amazing. I just snap them onto by bag and his backpack so there is always one when needed. You can only use your hands so many times before it’s not really effective. #momlife Thanks for Amazon, you can get pouches in bulk, 10 packs for $18.99.
- Humidifier with Essential Oil Tray: This one doesn’t need a lot of explaining. I have one in the main living area and in the bedroom. It acts as a humidifier and diffuser in one! I am obsessed.
- Indoor Activity Blocks ($20 off): Although we try to get outside as much as possible, indoor activities come in handy during the Winter. Benjamin is obsessed with these foam blocks. If you follow me on Instagram (@coldcoffeegrind), they make plenty of appearances. Between making forts, building houses, sounding out letter shapes, and stacking towers, these blocks are well worth the investment (plus they’re $20 OFF right now)!
I could probably go on and on, but those are some of my favorite Winter go to’s for Benjamin! I’d love to hear how you get through Winter with your littles and what items you find most helpful. Post in the comments below.