I was looking for a new way to dye Easter Eggs this year, and I am obsessed with this technique. Itâs simple, somewhat clean, and creates BEAUTIFUL eggs!
- 1 Container of Cool Whip (1 container per 12 eggs)
- Desired amount of hard boiled eggs to dye
- Gel Food Coloring in desired colors (MAKE SURE YOUâRE USING GEL!!)
- White HouseÂ® White Distilled Vinegar (most important!!)
- Paper Towels
- Tin/Foil Pan
- Large Bowl
- Small Cups
- Prepare eggs. Pour White HouseÂ® White Distilled Vinegar into a bowl. Submerge the hard-boiled eggs into the vinegar. Let the eggs soak for 2 minutes. Removes the eggs and dry with paper towels.
- In small cups, mix a little bit of each color of gel coloring with a few drops of vinegar.
- Spread the cool whip into your tin pan.
- Drip food coloring-vinegar mixture over the whipped cream in small drops. Be sure to space the colors apart.
- With the end of a spoon, swirl the colors into the cool whip. Be sure not to completely mix the colors.
- Roll your eggs in the mixture. Use your spoons to push them through the colored cream. Make sure each egg does one complete rotation and is covered in colored cream. Do not over rotate your eggs through the mixture, too many colors mixed = brown. Brown isnât very Eastery!
- Keep the eggs in the mixture for 30 minutes MAX!
- Wipe the cream off the eggs with a paper towel. If too messy, run under cold water.
- Voila! You have some beautiful eggs! (Pictures of the steps below!)
If you try this method, take pics and tag me on social @coldcoffeegrind or #coldcoffeegrind ! I would love to see!