The Perfect “Cozy Night” Beef Stew Recipe!
Is there anything better than coming home on a chilly day and cuddling up with a family movie night with some warm soup?
I love trying out new soups. To be honest, I usually go for a chicken noodle or gnocchi soup with a creamy base, BUT this Apple Cider Beef Stew is a NEW favorite for sure!
This soup is the perfect mix of hearty and sweet with a little tang. It’s a MUST try!
Check out the recipe below. To customize the recipe to your flavor preference, add more White House Foods Apple Cider for sweetness, Beef broth for heartiness, or White House Foods Apple Cider Vinegar for more of a tangy taste!
Homemade Beef Stew with White House Foods Apple Cider
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: about 2 hours
What you’ll need:
- 5 pounds beef stew meat cut into cubes
- 2 tablespoons of canola oil (or oil of choice)
- 4 cups of White House Foods Apple Cider (or juice)
- 2 cans reduced-sodium beef broth (14.5 oz)
- 2 tablespoons of White House Foods Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1-2 tablespoons of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon of pepper
- 3 medium potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 4 medium carrots sliced
- 3 celery stalks sliced
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 1/4 cup of flour
- 1/4 cup water
- Brown beef on all sides in the oil over medium-high heat. Once meat is browned, drain.
- Add beef to the White House FoodsÂ Apple Cider, broth, White House Foods Apple Cider Vinegar, salt, thyme, and pepper. Bring to a boil. Once boiling, reduce heat and let simmer for 1 hour.
- Add the potatoes, carrots, celery, and onions. Bring soup to a boil. Once boiling, reduce heat and let simmer for 45 minutes (or until beef and vegetables are tender.
- If you would like a soup with more broth, add additional White House Foods Apple Cider and beef broth in proportions to your taste. Extra White House Foods Apple Cider Vinegar may also be added.
- Once the broth consistency is to your liking, combine flour and water in a mixing bowl. Stir to a smooth consistency. Slowly stir the flour mixture into the soup. Bring soup to a boil. Stir soup for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Serve & enjoy!
As always, thanks for reading. I hope you and your family LOVE this stew. Please tag me if you try and let me know what you thought!