Because sometimes, secrets are too good to keep quiet! Today I am sharing my FAVORITE Fall treat…Apple Crisp with Secret Sauce!
What is the secret sauce you ask….White House Foods® Cinnamon Applesauce! Seems simple, but the difference in taste will blow your mind. Adding this secret sauce cuts out 1/2 of the added sugar from the original recipes, creates an ooey-gooey texture, & makes your life a whole lot easier but reducing the prep time!
Check out everything you need below. Oh and to make your life easier, I have added direct links to Amazon so you can avoid the hustle in the grocery store. You’re welcome!
What You’ll Need:
- 3/4 cup All-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons of granulated sugar
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 cup old fashion rolled oats (not quick-cooking)
- 3 pound of Gala apples peeled, cored, and cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 2 cups of White House® Cinnamon Applesauce
- Cinnamon for topping
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a large bowl, mix together flour, brown sugar, salt, and granulated sugar.
- Cut butter into mixture with two knives.
- Add oats into mixture. The mixture will be clumpy.
- In a separate bowl, mix 2 cups of White House® Cinnamon Applesauce with cubed apples.
- Transfer the apple mixture into a greased baking dish.
- Sprinkle topping mixture onto apples.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 60 minutes or until topping is a golden brown and bubbling.
- Let cool. Serve with Vanilla ice cream and sprinkled cinnamon.